WRCS III – Wide range current sensor
Sensor for current measurement from 1 μA to 200 A
- 6 physical unipolar measuring ranges:
|1 mA||100 nA||100 Ω|
|10 mA||1 µA||10 Ω|
|100 mA||10 µA||1 Ω|
|1 A||100 µA||100 mΩ|
|10 A||1 mA||10 mΩ|
|200 A||10 mA||0,5 mΩ|
- Maximum current (2s): 200 A
- Maximum current (8s): 150 A
- Continuous current: 120 A
- Overload protection (open circuit), deactivatable
- Configurable electronic circuit breaker (1..120 A) with adjustable tripping time constant
- Reverse polarity protection (open circuit), deactivatable
- No defect with reverse currents up to 120 A (reverse polarity protection deactivated)
- Maximum input voltage: 55 V (at open circuit state)
- 4 analog outputs (0 V to 10 V) on a BNC socket or terminal connector, one as a multiplexed output
Gain error: < 0.3% (< 0.4% in 100 A range) Offset error: < 0.1% at the end of the measuring range (e.g. 1 mA in a 1 A measuring range)
- Adjustable bandwidth up to 1.5 kHz
- Sampling rate: 50 kHz
- Galvanically isolated output signals (100 V)
- Power supply via 19” system
- Up to 6 measurement channels per system (13 in 6RU rack)
Options regarding enclosure
- Single unit containing 1 gauge module
- 19″ rack (4 HE) containing up to 6 gauge modules
- 19″ rack (7 HE) containing up to 13 gauge modules
Options regarding maximum continuous current
- 80/120 A version
- 80 A maximum continuous current within a single unit
- 120 A maximum continuous current within a air-cooled rackConnector options
Analog output with BNC connectors
Analog output with plug-in clamping strips
Today’s automotive ECUs switch to an energy-saving mode with very low standby current while the car is powered down. The high-precision current transformer WRCS III measures highly dynamic currents of very few microamperes up to 200 ampere with a fast, automatic change of measuring ranges (auto-range).
Available as a single unit as well as a 19” rack with up to 13 channels, 6 physical measuring ranges provide excellent accuracy from typically 0.1% (at the end of the measuring range) at any current.
Apart from four freely configurable analog outputs for connecting devices such as data loggers (permanent operation, test facility) or oscilloscopes, an OLED display shows the active current with the measuring range used and a simple progress overview.
A multiplexed analog output allows the recording of each measuring range with a single data logger only.
During the use of low sampling rates for the data logger, configurable filters with time constants up to 10 s prevent aliasing.
The measuring channels are galvanically isolated from the analog outputs (100 V).
An adjustable electronic circuit breaker with configurable tripping time constant completes the features of the WRCS III.